St. Anthony School's Pre-K Class meets Monday through Friday from 8:35 am until 11:55 am. Teacher Mrs. Jenney Burroughs and Aid Sister Beatrice LaFramboise, SP, blend academics, play and social development filtered through the lens of our Catholic faith. Our Pre-K class size is 18 students. Students wear uniforms and have separate play times from the other students at St. Anthony School. There is also a separate drop-off and pick-up for Pre-K students.
PRE-K DAILY SCHEDULE
8:35 – 8:55
Free Play (Curricular emphasis: social skills, problem solving)8:55- 9:00
Clean Up9:00 – 9:30
- Prayer to the Guardian Angel (Curricular emphasis: religion)
- Pledge of Allegiance (Curricular emphasis: citizenship)
- Calendar (Curricular emphasis: math)
- Class Song (Curricular emphasis: gross motor movement and rhythm, following directions)
- Lesson of the Day (Curricular emphasis: alphabet, working memory, phonemic awareness)
9:30 – 9:50 Restroom break and snack (Curricular emphasis: self-help skills)
9:55 – 10:10 Recess (Curricular emphasis: gross motor movement and rhythm, following directions, social skills, problem solving)
10:15- 11: 10 – Learning Stations
- Curricular emphasis: 2 stations, each with a teacher focusing on early literacy skills, 1 station for independent fine motor work, 1 station for independent group cooperative building, problem solving
11:15 – 11:40 Restroom break and lunch
11:40 pack -up
11:50 – Prayer and Dismissal
Each Tuesday, four students are scheduled for Show and Tell. On Wednesday, we have mass and every other Wednesday we have Art with Ms. Smith. Every other Thursday, we have Music with Mrs. Bolstad.
For additional information, please contact the school office.