Registration Age Requirement
Students must be 5 years old by August 31 for admittance to Kindergarten. This policy conforms to the regulations governing private schools in the State of Washington.
Students will be admitted to St. Anthony School according to and in the order of the following qualifications:
- Current students (Catholic and Non-Catholic) whose families comply with all yearly registration requirements.
- Siblings of students already enrolled in the school.
- Students from families who are active members of St. Anthony Parish, St. Stephen the Martyr Parish, and St. John the Baptist Parish, or other parishes that provide an agreed subsidy to the school.
- Families new to the area who have registered in one of the subsidizing parishes, have made a pledge of financial support to the parish, and have a recommendation from their previous principal or pastor.
- Active members of non-subsidizing Catholic parishes.
- Non-Catholic students from families who desire a Christian learning environment for the student.
All students are accepted on a probationary basis. Each student's enrollment is dependent upon their ability to maintain the academic and behavioral standard of St. Anthony School.
Students With Special Needs
St. Anthony School offers reasonable accommodations for children with identified learning disabilities or health impairments. It is required that parents inform the principal of any such special needs at the time of enrollment.
All students desiring to transfer into St. Anthony School in the 1-8th grades must have an interview with the school administration and take an academic achievement test prior to the school’s offering admission. All transfer students wishing to enroll at St. Anthony School must also provide copies of educational records (reports cards, test scores, etc.) from the student’s previous school prior to final acceptance for enrollment and provide a letter of reference/introduction from the pastor or principal of the student’s previous church/school. All students are accepted on a probationary basis of one semester and all student enrollment is dependent upon their ability to maintain the academic and behavioral standard of St. Anthony School.
For those families who are not able to gain admission for their students to the school, a waiting list will be established based on the same qualifications outlined in the Admission Policy. Applicants to the school must complete an application form
each year during registration in order to remain on the waiting list.
An active member is defined as
- Registered in the parish for the minimum length of time required by the parish
- Having made an annual commitment to financially support the parish through the parish Stewardship Program and contributing as pledged
- Demonstrating active participation in the worship and ministries of the parish.